Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Betting the NCAA Tournament

I'm a Houston Cougar, so I have no reason to ever look forward to the NCAA basketball post-season. So, my buddies and I have to find other reasons to make the tourney that much more interesting. C'mon, who doesn't bet brackets anyway?

We have brackets, but we also add a little something extra to it. The four of us: DJ, Sphincter, Meatball, and myself went to day 1 of the South regional last week with a fist full of singles. We bet on anything that comes to mind. I decided to jot a few down for posterity.

1. The first team to hit the court after halftime
2. A team would finish with an even number of points
3. MSU would not score again with 3:54 left in the first half (this paid!)
4. First 3-pointer made
5. From the women's side: An Aggie player will show "brain" before a Duke player
6. The team that would get the most FT attempts
7. Next guy on the line, misses the first
8. Which team scores first in either half
9. First team to double digits

I think you get the idea. Its especially fun when the game is in a blow out (which both were) and your little group is screaming an hollering on every play, with no apparent allegiance. Ah, good times.

No comments: