Tuesday, April 1, 2008

New Season; Same 'ol Sh!t

So, I grab a six-pack and sit down in front of my TV for the day-long event known as "Opening Day" for Major League Baseball. With hopes renewed and dreaming of a pennant for either Texas team, I crack open my first beer.

First up, the Texas Rangers. Ranger's ace Kevin Millwood faced the Seattle Mariners. I enjoyed five beautiful innings of shut-out ball and then ... Fuk -u-mori happened. Who is this guy and why does he hold a MLB roster spot? He quickly gets the first guy out followed by: walk, single, wild pitch, walk, wild pitch, and double. 3 runs scored ruining any comeback.

Redemption time! Roy O vs. Triple A team San Diego. Quick, name 2 position guys that play for the Padres. Times up! Why is it that the Astros are the only team in the majors that can't hit a good pitcher? (Spoiler Alert) the Astros CAN'T hit the slider away! Here is a good tip if you're betting this season. When the Astros are facing a pitcher for the first time, take the other team and lay the runs. GUARANTEED winner. You fans know what I'm talking about.

Its still early in the season, but I already see the same 'ol writing on the wall. Rangers can't pitch and Astros can't supply run support. At least I got drunk.

No comments: